Logistics preparation for your Move.
o Getting Started
- Being prepared & ready is the number one factor determining a stress-free, seamless moving experience, or not.
- First & foremost, make sure to check your follow-up email from Boulder All Star Movers to verify all the information regarding your move is accurate & correct. This document will serve as your bill of lading & receipt of purchase and will also have all your information regarding your move.
- Check the weather for your move date to see if you may deal with any inclement weather that would require unforeseen preparation and incur additional time. Our team can assist in weather preparation the day of your move. Although, keep in mind, preparing of the home or driveway for moving will be charged at the rate your job is booked and incur additional time.
- Make sure to read over our moving tips to clear up any questions you may have regarding the preparation of the move. This list will answer all your questions regarding how to make your move as seamless as possible. http://www.boulderallstarmovers.com/moving-tips/
- Make sure you read over our prohibited items page to ensure you aren’t surprised by our movers refusing to transport that item. This includes but is not limited to Hot Tubs, Flammables, Pool Tables, and cleaning supplies.
- Make sure to read of our Terms and Conditions of Service so that you are fully aware of our policies and procedures as a company. Terms and Conditions of Service can be found at http://www.boulderallstarmovers.com/terms/ If you have any questions regarding our processes and policies, please don’t hesitate to reach out via phone or email.
- Reserve the elevator at your unload and load locations to ensure an expedited move. You can ask the front desk for an elevator reservation key.
- Make sure you have contacted your realtor to ensure you have keys for the new house and that it is ready to be moved into.
- Make sure you have made travel plans for your pets.
- Take your pets to the vet and make sure you have any required health certificates or inoculations – every state has different requirements.
- Make sure all boxes are sealed, crated, or properly enclosed for transit.
- Make sure all furniture items have been cleared off and emptied.
- Make sure you have clearly indicated & marked which items are going to be moved.
- Have time & access to be with the moving team for the entirety of the day.
- Pick up anything you had cleaned, stored or repaired.
- Make sure your new house is prepped and available for move in.
- Get all of the items from the locker at your gym, laundry mat, or alternate residence.
- Return anything you have borrowed from friends or neighbors.
- Have you packed or gotten rid of everything that’s not moving?
- Have you confirmed all the details of your move with us?
- Make sure that all mechanical and electrical equipment is properly prepared for transport before the arrival of the moving truck.
- Mark any extra-fragile items needing special attention.
- If certain items should not be packed or moved, mark them appropriately.
- Label any items or boxes you will want to have access to first when the truck arrives at your new destination.
- If you are doing your own packing, make sure everything is ready to go before moving day.
- Upon arrival, the driver will check to see if boxes have been properly packed.
- Unplug all electronic appliances. This includes shutting off the water to washers, driers, Ice makers and fridges.
- Make it a point to be on hand to see that all your goods are loaded
- Check in with us and ask any important questions about your moving services.
- Give the driver the exact destination address and verify with the driver that their GPS route corresponds with the correct address.
- Be sure to let the driver know how you may be reached, including phone numbers or email address.
Last Minute Check
- Have you confirmed your move with BAM?
- Is the water shut off?
- Furnace and air conditioner shut off?
- Light switches turned off?
- All utilities arranged for disconnection?
- Windows shut and locked?
- Old house keys surrendered?
- Have you left anything?
- Are all your personal items packed and sealed for transit?
Day of Move
- Be on hand to accept delivery. If you cannot be there in-person, be sure you authorize an adult to be your representative to accept delivery and pay the charges for you.
- On the day of delivery, the driver will attempt to contact you by Phone and let you know who he is and that he is on his way to your location. Make sure you have provided the correct phone number to reach you on.
- When unloading, each piece of furniture will be placed as you direct, including the laying of rugs and setting up any beds disassembled at origin.
- Finally, it always helps to have a guide of the floor plan of your new location which the movers can use to determine where each piece of furniture belongs. (Ex. Master, Living Room, Kitchen, Storage, Garage).